High Angle Rope Rescue
3 Day (24 Hours) Certification: 2 Years
Rope Rescue – Level II (High Angle Rope Rescue) is a three-day program that deals with more advanced rescue techniques to meet specific needs and applications of dynamic situations.
OBJECTIVE: This more advanced rope work course is for students to utilize basic techniques to solve varied and compounded problems, through practical scenarios based on actual rescue situations.
- Structure and Hazard Assessment
- Basic Physics of Rigging Systems
- Essential Knot Tying Techniques
- Advantages & Limitations of Certain Rope & Rescue Equipment
- Proper Use & Maintenance of Equipment
- Rappelling on Various Descending Devices
- Pick-Off of a Casualty Hanging on a Lanyard
- Mechanical Advantages & Rigging of Haul Systems
- Patient Packaging
- Raising & Lowering of Patient in Litter Basket with an Attendant
- Knot Passing Techniques
- Utilizing Changes of Direction
- Varied Belay Techniques
- Additional Safety Concerns
(Analyzing Force Vectors, Edge Attendants,
Personnel Communication, Back-up Systems)
- Special Application Rescue Equipment
Full participation, extensive hands-on demonstrations and a written examination are required to successfully complete the program and receive certification which is valid for 2 years.
With any High Angle Rescue Program, it is strongly recommended to set up a maintenance program for continual training.
Start Time: 8:00am sharp