Introduction to High Angle Rope Rescue
2 Day (16 Hours) Certification: 2 Years
Rope Rescue Level I is a two-day program designed as a safe introduction to the high angle environment.
PURPOSE: To understand and use procedures, equipment and techniques needed to implement a safe self-rescue of a casualty
- Structure and Hazard Assessment
- Basic Physics of Rigging Systems
- Essential Knot Tying Techniques
- Advantages & Limitations of Rope & Rescue Equipment
- Proper Use and Maintenance of Equipment
- Rappelling on various Descending Devices
- Appropriate Techniques for Belay
- Pick-Off a Casualty Hanging on a FA Lanyard
- Lowering of a Casualty to a Safe Position on the Ground
Full participation, extensive hands-on demonstrations and a written examination are required to successfully complete the program and receive certification which is valid for 2 years.
With any High Angle Rescue Program, it is strongly recommended to set up a maintenance program for continual training.